Monday, October 17, 2011

EMPTY BOWLS

    Contra Costa College had its first "Empty Bowls" fundraiser Friday afternoon, October 14, 2011, in the Fireside room of the student union.  It was a happy collaboration between the Art Department and the Culinary Arts Department.  Ceramics instructor Mary Law and her students had produced 700 bowls to regulation size and shape, but each with a slightly different glaze color and pattern.  Attendees could pay $5 (for students) or $10 (for faculty and others) to choose their own bowl, which they could take home with them after consuming the outstandingly delicious soup offering.  The three soup choices were chicken noodle, minestrone, or clam chowder.

The assignment was made by my photojournalism instructor, John Diestler, who asked the class to go to the Empty Bowls event or find some other newsworthy event to take photos of last Friday.

I am putting the photos of the event here online so the students can download them and print them on their own computers, since I do not have the time or funds to do it for them, but I am happy to share the digital images with them.  I just ask that if the images are reprinted, that I get a photo credit, by which I mean a "photo by Jean Womack" under the photo, since I do not have time right now to put that right on the front of the photo as I would if I were selling them professionally.

Thanks for letting me take your picture. You have a great bunch of  very photogenic chefs.



































Below are some photos of the culinary students taken at different times and days.















No comments:

Post a Comment